Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Third

Miss Kate.



It has been a crazy year and a half. You are finally growing up, now. Your weird compulsions are almost non existent and you are looking mah-vel-ous. It is amazing what time, and a puppy, can do. What a nice early birthday present, my dear pup. (You must remember to thank Auntie Kim when you see her.) The frantic look has disappeared from your eyes, and it is quite nice to be able to walk away from you for a few minutes without you flipping out. I'm sorry for whatever weird thoughts you have; you see, we are in it for the long haul.




So as I begin the preparations for showing this weekend, rest assured that it is all about you. I think you are fantastic. Almost perfect, really. You are my first. (OK, Henry is the first corgi, but you are my first show dog.) We are learning together.




I will now begin my day with a smile. I will also ponder slug slime on your back from the pup who thought the slug was horse poo and tried to eat it with sharp little puppy teeth, then needed a napkin as the slime dangled from your mouth to the ground. You were it.




Yep, it is all about you, Kate. Happy Birthday, pup.




G2

2 comments:

Kira said...

mmmmm slugs...slimy...like peanut butter right? Sticks to the roof of your mouth?

Kim said...

and makes you froth a bit!

Happy Barkday Kate!