Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Winding down

I got up this morning and began to load the car. Sad that the trip is winding down. Outside to the car, and what do I see?

Our little tomato lamenting the loss of his "15 minutes of fame." After snapping the picture I was going to grab the poor dejected thang, when I found the REAL reason for his sleeping outside

The Spearmint Rhino Gentlemen's Club...who would have thunk it? It makes one wonder if our lil buddy has something for Bloody Marys; surely it can't be the Spearmint Rhino, and we all know that gentlemen go to these clubs to learn proper ettiquette, right?

I am thinking that our poor little friend is thinking that a Kentucky tomato would never last in Washington state, and that he is, perhaps, looking for a new place in which to shine.

We have one more night, this one in Louisville. We are at the Hotel by the Airport, and I am starting to feel a bit blue along with S2 and the bluegrass red veggie. While I am homesick, I really don't want to get back into the daily grind.
We went to the Kentucky Horse Park.

I was amazed at the beauty of the monuments. This a life size monument to Secretariat.

Man O War's grave, which was surrounded by the graves of his famous sons as well as one of the jockeys. If I was a jockey, I could not think of a better place!!

We went to the mare/foal barn and realized that there would be no foals this time of year, as they all have their birthdays on the 1st of January! The goal is to foal as close to the first as possible, but not before as the earlier the more advantagous for showing and racing. (A two year old would be any foal born in the year 2006.)
S2 has decided we must drive, so I will report back in a bit.
2G








No comments: