Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back to normalcy

While many will argue that "normal" is in no way a part of my life, I do, indeed, have my own normal, and we are there. The dogs are all at my feet. Literally. I dropped all the bones off the desk. They were at one time matching. There are many. Of course they want the same one. So they are snarking at each other and have about two more minutes before I do the bone sweep which will bring them all back on the desk until tomorrow morning. They seem to enjoy chewing a big bone after they eat, and it buys me time for sun up before we go out to the field for chores. Like children they have quickly gone past the "I missed you so very much" to the sibling rivalry.

Picking up the two from "Doggy camp" was quite the adventure. Henry went crazy in a way only Henry can. I have bruises on my thighs from him tagging me mid frap. Kate just coyly stood next to me with the tip of her tail wagging. We got into the car and she sat close and then began to very methodically lick me. By the stop sign she was wiggling everywhere and had the biggest grin I have seen on her, ever. (She reminded me of Polly after her first sheep herding trek.)

We got home and both just wanted in the house. Bugget-Nutt was inside barking hysterically. When they all got together no dog touched the other. They just ran crazily up and down the hall. It was time to reunite with Windy, the horse. I really needed to save the house! Windy was delighted to see her babies back and trotted over to say "hi." She quickly found that they would not stand still for a true greeting and gave it up. They were running full speed; tongues wagging and silly dog grins brightening the new morning light. After a few minutes of ball fetching, a whole lot of territorial marking by Miss Kate, and silly grinning from me, we were ready for the first quiet time of the new day.

My truck is only half unpacked. The two older dogs need baths. I need to work on my grooming technique with Nugget. Laundry needs to be done. Bills need to be paid. I need to vote. The list grows.

I think I will crawl back in bed and snuggle with my pups for a while and see what the DVR recorded while I was gone.

I love my life...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in the same boat we are. Liam was so excited to see his girls on Sunday night. We sent them out back to frap and boy did they. Had to bring them in so not to disturb the neighbors considering it was 10 o'clock at night.

Trailer hasn't been touched over here and I have no desire to do it anytime soon. I clean the house all weekend. I am done cleaning for a while. ;)

I wish I could have been to there see Ms. Polly after herding. Jason tells me she has a smile from ear to ear!