Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life in the fast lane


I am slowly getting my act back together after an extended weekend of dog shows. The laundry is done, the bags unpacked, and the dogs settled back into the routine that is our life.


Insanity pretty much described it. Again, I question what I love about this torture that is dog showing. I'm thinking it is the challenge of trying to figure out what new thing I must learn about the breed. That and trying to figure out what the judges are seeing that I am not. It is quite the mental game. There were three of us and four dogs all sharing a motel room. Kate did great despite the six month old pup "wanting" her...constantly. For the very first time she actually snarled at a puppy. After about an hour of being jumped on constantly. I was quite impressed and delighted to find that she really could stand up for herself. I also was quite happy with how we did in the ring. Like I said, it is a constant learning process. I appreciate and solicit critique and try to improve the next time out. My goal now is to find the button in Kate that brings out the happy girl. That is what got her the wins in Boise, and that is what I need now. Where there is a will, there is a way.


More to come in the next day or so. I have a need to climb into my bed and watch Westminster and the Olympics.


G2

1 comment:

Steelcyclist said...

Great pic of the plum.

At least you're giving even time for both canine and humine (Westminster AND Olympics).