Thursday, December 17, 2009

Decision time

I'll bet you are thinking Christmas, aren't you? Nope, that is the easy thing, and decisions have long been made on that. Sure there will be a few forgotten last minute things, but no sweat on that whole thing.

Nope, believe it or not it is "to show or not to show" in Puyallup. I need to make a decision soon as the entries will close and then I won't have a choice. It is not cheap to show, and I am not a big gambler. I know there are no sure things in life, but I don't want to throw my money away if Kate is off her game or if I can't help someone with a major. I'm too new to this game to know enough about the judges that we will present under. I love watching good dogs do well. I really don't mind them placing over my princess. In fact I really enjoy seeing the good ones do well as I love the idea that this breed will improve in health and longevity. But I can do the rooting and all without paying to enter Kate. Then again, she is getting better and better. Perhaps we deserve a piece of the pie as well. sigh. If only she would have gone into "season" a month ago and been done with it, and growing a nice thick coat. That still looms. Time wise it should be happening as of last week. Dogs are shown all the time when they are in season. It is hard to guess if there will be more attitude or less with Kate. She may spend her two minutes of ring time marking. Yet she might be incredibly flashy as she squats.

So, all of you Cardi folks...what says you? My instructor thinks I should go for it and I haven't heard from the breeder as of yet.

Help!!!

G2

1 comment:

Kim said...

Nice indoor warm CLEAN show...

Granted, I swear we have a ice storm every single year on that weekend.

Last year was the flood.