Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Profiling




Guilty.

I have two dogs. Corgi. Tri-colored, both. No fenced in yard. No collars are worn unless under direct supervision. They are way too dangerous when dealing with rowdy two year olds. Whenever the dogs go out, I go out as well. I like it that way. I slip a retractable lead over each dog's head and walk them out to the fully fenced pasture several times a day. I also have a good sized pen that I can walk them out to as well. With "critters" abounding, and a neighbor dog that wants to eat my girl it is safest to have this routine down by both myself and the dogs. They wait at the doors for the loop to be slipped over the ears. It is routine at 6 am, and it is routine at midnight.

This morning was a bit different. At the break of dawn I headed out for the feeding of the horse and first run of the dogs. All perfectly normal and routine. Robe on, right foot in left boot. I slipped the leads on the dogs and realized, at 37 degrees, I needed to grab my barn coat, which was hanging on a dining room chair. I dropped the handles of the leads and ran into the dining area to grab my coat as the doggies practiced their bladder control for five extra seconds. When I got back to the back door I found dear Henry standing quietly at the door with both leashes attached. Kate? Frisking at my feet with neither.

Guilty.

I saw a black headed tri-colored Corgi slip its head into the leash loop. Then I saw a black headed tri-colored Corgi slip its head into the leash loop. Sigh. I only wish this had been the first time I have done this.
-
G2
-
For great holiday fun have a gander at this awesome advent calendar. Enjoy!!

No comments: