Tuesday, June 1, 2010

All Quiet on the western front



Henry is five days post op. Today is the first day since his surgery that I awoke with the headache. We are all much happier and easier to live with. He is a happy camper and doesn't seem to notice any change. I am a happy camper and notice a huge change. Nugget also had noticed a change and torments poor Henry just to hear him bark. The spray bottle on the computer desk now has Nugget's name on it.

Our first brick is this weekend. I have a patch behind my knee that is lacking skin. Biking rubs the area raw, because of the constant friction caused by my knee flexing. This must be fixed and I am hoping it is something simple. In three weeks I have my first triathlon with my son. I really need to train!! Today I need to shop for a shorty wetsuit. I suspect Cottage Lake will still be pretty darn cold in three weeks...

Nugget got his DNA test back on Degenerative Myelopathy. He is normal on both sides! Seeing so many Pembrokes suffer with this ugly disease I fear that Cardigans may be not too far in the future. I know that my boy will not contribute to the problem. That is a good thing!! I really wish that breeders would wake up and smell the roses, or maybe lilacs in this case, and routinely test their breeding stock. I would never buy a pup that has not been tested for this and a few other things. Until the buyers demand it there will be breeders that "let it slip by."

So I am off to the store for some meat for the pups and some chocolate for me. The headache is gone now, and life is sweet!

G2

2 comments:

Kim said...

I just ate a german chocolate brownie for you...

=)

Kim said...

Ummm... make that two