Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All is well

I talked with the vet twice about Kate's swollen lymph nodes. They have gone down and are barely palpable. He said with lymphoma they will not go down. I also now have a chart of the lymphatic system in the dog so that I can check the other nodes. So I am breathing easier. In two weeks I will get a baseline blood panel done on both dogs. I never realized the importance until now. I will do this once a year during their annual vet checks. I had not realized how deeply bonded I am with this little working dog.

So I have been answering emails left and right about how my weekend went. Highs followed by the deepest of lows. That is how I felt by my Sunday drive home. I am exhausted and have been falling asleep by 10pm with two corgi bodies snuggled close. The good dog breeders can do their utmost best to ensure good health in their pups, but the bottom line is anything can happen even in the best of circumstances. It really was nice to be with Kate's breeder this weekend. I am glad that she told me her fears with regards to the swollen nodes. She did the right thing. I'm not sure I did the right thing by getting in the truck and heading home. I did choose to take a "loop" that skirted around the Portland area, as going down the traffic was horrendous and I really didn't feel good about having to buck the traffic. In the end it all worked out fine. I know what we need to work on for the next show. We have our two blue ribbons. Life is, once again, back in sync.

G2

What a relief!

S2

No comments: