Monday, May 25, 2009

Drat!!

My one big project for the weekend was to get the pool "opened." It takes about six hours straight, and I spent the day out there. It means vacuuming the cement deck, then pressure washing it. Then the cover comes off and enough chlorine shock put in to turn the pool from green to blue. That sits overnight and in the morning I would vacuum in the pool and put the solar cover on.

Oh the best laid plans. All was done and I just came in following dumping some chlorine in. Into the pump house and flip the switch for the pump/filter. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I am really hoping that there is a reset switch on that motor somewhere, but it will be tomorrow's project. I need to clean out the pump house to get to the pump. So, for now, I am exhausted having spent the day outside working. Inside is a mess and I just don't have the energy to deal with it. (I suspect had everything worked as it should have I would have quite happily cleaned.)

So. The pool is uncovered. The pool deck is clean. The pool is dreadfully green. Darn it all. I am going to go get a hamburger...

G2

No comments: