Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday, Monday

Can't trust that day.

It seems there is a gale warning in effect until Tuesday afternoon. Hmmmmm, I guess it is a bit too quiet out there. sigh.

We are all happy to be home for a few days. The dogs are fast asleep on the couch, and I busy dealing with 88 emails that came through over the internet. I wish I could say that it was easy as they were all junk, but my filter seems to be taking care of that at this time. I have really had to read and respond to them. My time limit for computer time has now been exceeded and I must admit that I am almost hoping for those gale force winds to hit so I can have an excuse to stop. As you can see, I stopped and wrote this as a break from having to think and process the emails.

It was a good weekend. I am tired. The laundry needs to be done, but I need to unpack first. Grocery shopping is in order, but I don't want to go out.

More rhodies are ready to bloom. I have a bright white one that has pink buds. I find this very confusing. I hope those winds don't sweep through and hurt those buds, as I am now wondering if white blossoms begin as pink buds.

I just came in from a pasture break. It is raining now, but the wind has still not arrived. I will bring in some wood as soon as I finish this. I have found the more prepared I am, the less power outages seem to occur. The nice thing about this weather is that I do not need to water the gardens. My salad greens are quite happy in the bale of straw, as are the snow peas. The jury is still out on the cucumbers. I will be starting a few more bales next week, when I have a bit more time at home.

Like the third Grandma, I am in blog subject limbo. Have a few more pictures:

Some serious preschool singing


My salad greens ala straw bale



Song of the day? Nope, not Mamas and Papas "Monday, Monday."

I'm thinking perhaps "How Much is that Doggy in the...uhhhh


........window"?

G2

No comments: