Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chehalis River







I wrote a lovely blog about my trip to the river last Saturday, and while I was putting in the pictures, the whole thing froze. I'm not trusting it today, so in short: The floods in December 2007 and again in 2008 have changed the way of the river. We went to find carnelians in the gravel shoals, but what we found was 10 feet of silt, everywhere. Ruined fields, standing water. I'm abandoning the pretense of formatting this, I'm just laying in the pictures now and posting. G2, if you get a chance you can mess with it, or I will later on tonight.
S2

Beautiful pictures! Amazing the beauty that comes through from the carnage. (If they can till that silt in, and have a couple of drier winters, it will likely give them some incredible pasture and/or hay. Same thing happened with the volcanic ash. It yielded the nicest veggies my sister has ever grown.)
G2

No comments: