Monday, April 13, 2009

Moving quite slow

All of the activity last week has finally caught up. Or perhaps it is all the pollen that is circulating in this very strange spring season. Whatever it is, I just know that I feel like it is molasses circulating in my veins, and oatmeal fills my head.

The good news is that I got a lot done. I even got the lawn tractor tuned up and regular season maintenance done. At the beginning of last season I was mowing out beyond the pasture and a stick wedged in the blade and it died. It sat back there for a month or so and I finally pushed it to the carport where it sat until last weekend. Now it needs a bath and I will be happy. I don't use it much anymore as I like the exercise that the walk behind mower gives me. The bed is also "done." OK, not completely; you know that measure twice, cut once thing? I need to do the reverse. I measured and cut, but ended up with the "deck" being too big. I was so careful to put little "L" shaped metal pieces on it so that the bed won't slide and just wasn't thinking about the fact that the deck needed to be a bit smaller. At least it is too big, and not too small! Next time I change the linens I will bring in the skill saw and trim it back. No big deal, but I was just done with the whole project. It required way too many brain cells, and I am glad that the misfire was in erring on the fixable side. Another nice thing is that the grass seed is already sprouting. I was thinking that the seed had somehow disappeared (perhaps down Windy's throat) but saw that it was still there, but half green. It feels really cold outside, but I think part of that is due to me being so tired. The dogs are still demanding run time out there, so I have been layering on the clothes and going out for 45 minutes at a time.

Easter is tough for me, but I need to thank my North Carolina friend once again for the bunny she sent a few years back. Just when I was getting a little low, I looked up and saw the bunny, who sits here by the computer, and he made me smile. A little touch of Sunshine was just what I needed.

This week I plan on taking things a bit slower. I will still try to get the mileage in on the prosthesis, but am not going to push as hard as I did last week. I am going to get the grass mowed, but that's only an hour project. If the weather cooperates I will also go kill some nettles. (shhhh, don't tell anyone that I want to use toxic chemicals!!) Other than that it will just be maintenance. No big projects. I had planned to start pressure washing the pool deck, but it is going to wait another week. This body needs rest.

Here is my picture for today:

When my daughter did the walk last year her daughter made a sign to cheer on her Mommy. I asked what she wanted to say and printed it out for her and she colored it and added pictures. Her Mommy took the picture and just sent it to me.

"Go Mommy Go"


No comments: