Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday, April 8th, 2009

Yes, it is indeed.

I head to bed with thoughts of North Carolina dancing in my head. (Thanks, Linda. I sent the information that was sent to me on over to S2. Our fear is that we might not come back home.) I cannot begin to explain how much I miss the south.

Today was much more of the same from yesterday. The stiffness and soreness caused me to be a bit more inventive when it came to getting a good sized boulder out. I am glad it was close enough to the broken up one from yesterday that I was able to rock it up a bit at a time and put pieces of the broken one under it. It eventually was up enough that I could roll it out of the crater. The hardest thing was getting Henry away. I think he sensed I was on a mission and likely to do something stupid. I got away with a few hefty bruises and two crunched knuckles. The weather is changing, so I think tomorrow I will gather all the rock piles and call it done. There will always be another year.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of Mom's death. She died on Good Friday, April 9, 1982. It is hard to believe it has been 27 years! The first person to appear to help me cope? S2. She had gone through the loss of her Mom, and it does put us in a special club. I detest the membership requirements.

Life does go on, but it doesn't get easier. There are just more things to keep me busy. (Like tighten up the fence wire; gee how does it get so loose? I will just ask Miss Itchy Bum...)


And so I can keep myself on task I will occasionally throw in some pictures from last year's 3 Day walk. This was right before the walk began. The opening ceremony got me crying big time. I am so proud of my daughter. This year she will be 8 months pregnant and walking with her gimpy Mom. We will make a good team, and will likely be on the short bus a time or two.

Who would have ever thought I would wear pink?.....

G2

No comments: