Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back on track

Today I have been drinking water like crazy, and eating as I should...ie salad, fresh veggies. Part of it is due to stress, which I may or may not address on this blogsite at a later time. It is something that I needed to deal with and have been closing my eyes to. Buying clothes is just not fun when some of the weight that I worked so hard to take off has slowly been creeping back. So, today I am back on track.

I have also begun my training for the Breast Cancer 3 day event. I seriously want to do this in September, and I don't want to wimp out. I am trying to figure out the logistics of it all. So much more planning when the "gimp" factor comes to play. Walking sticks or crutches, crutches or back up wheelchair. Then the question of prophylactic cyclosporine since I know I will be beating up my stump something awful, not to mention the likelihood of blisters on the long side. As the numbers continue to climb of friends that this disease has touched, it is something that I feel incredibly driven to do. Crazy? Perhaps. It is also a test for my self. I cannot explain the need I have to do this. It just is what it is.

Prayers and healing "vibes" begun in earnest, my dear sister. I am crazy with emotion right now. Just know that I am with you. See you in a few days.

G2

I think you are crazier with emotion than I am right now, sis. I'm just tired, and numb, and considering staying up all night, ain't that crazy? It's just that I have to be up by five am, and then I'll be chemically asleep by 7:30 or so and from then on sleeping the sleep of morphia, probably for days. Might as well catch up on my reading, and maybe even do some housework, why not?

About the walk...what about you and I teaming up and doing support stuff for the walk? We're just as needed there as on our feet. I hate to see you risking your health, and I know this isn't the year for me to put more stress on mine. I would even wear pink...if you will.

S2
(who has gotta stop reducing body weight through losing body parts, heh)

No comments: