Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A pet peeve

Musical blogs. I love music. I love all kinds of music. (OK, almost all kinds.) I have music playing everywhere. When I don't have it turned on the stereos, it is playing in my head. I cannot stop the music. Sometimes it makes me a bit lulu. With that said, and having set the stage, so to speak, I get REALLY crazy when I open a blog and music comes on. It rarely matches either the music in my home, or the music in my head. Most is quite pleasant. Most, if not all, would be quite enjoyable if I had the choice of timing. Knowing that I write for myself, and not others, I do not expect people to bag their music because I like to read their blogs. Yeah, like I think I have that kind of power! So I have resorted to turning off the speakers on the computer. It ended the crazy game that I was playing; that game being to find the little music player doohickey on the side bar and hit the pause button before the first note came out. Now, however, I often forget to turn the speakers back on when I want to watch a little video that someone has posted. It is humorous the little things that can set me off on a bit of a rant.

So, dear readers, you now know one of the reasons that S2 and I do not have music on our blog. You also know why we chose instead to list the "Song of the Day."

I love music; really I do.

Song of the day?

"They're Coming to Take Me Away" LARD

And they're coming to take me away Ha Ha
They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
They're coming to take me away ha ha...

G2

No comments: